Embarkation

This morning at 8:30am, I became a full-time missionary.

My Stake President came to my home and set me apart as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My family gathered in our living room. The spirit was very strong. President Davidson blessed me and gave me advice that I will treasure as I experience ups and downs in the mission field.

Today, I will finish packing (hehe), and then spend some quality time with my family. We will try not to think about the fact that I will soon hug each of them for the last time before I set off for a year and a half. At 1:30pm, I will arrive at the Missionary Training Center, and we will say goodbye.

Then the adventure begins.

Honestly, though, I feel like it already has! The day I excitedly walked into my Bishop's office to begin my mission papers, I began a journey that would take me to where I am today: shivering with anticipation and excitement to enter the MTC and embark in the service of God. (D&C 4:2)

Sunday, August 13, 2017 was the day I spoke in my sacrament meeting about why I am going on a mission. I'm going on a mission because I want to. I have a desire to serve the Lord. As I spoke at the pulpit, I felt very strongly the need to tell everyone in the congregation that God is mindful of each of them. I'd like to write that here as well. Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, are both mindful of you and They love you more than you know. They also love the people in Taiwan. I can't wait to share that profound message with those people.

Let's gooooo!



























Comments

Popular Posts