Sanchong District - Week 3

Last night I was riding my bike on the outskirts of Sanchong where there are only a few souls walking about. I was following behind Sister Clyde as we were on our way to visit some less-active members of our church. I felt a pattering of rain, almost tiny dewdrops, sprinkle on my face. So sweet and refreshing, it reminded me of the primary song "When I Am Baptized," and I began to sing it.

1. I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
Chorus
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
2. I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
Chorus
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
It was the very song that I sang at my own baptism, but the words pierced me in a way that they never had before. They began to take on a whole new meaning. In the space of only a few moments, the moisture on my face became a mixture of dew and tears. I almost couldn't sing the words out loud because of the lump in my throat, and as I tried to continue I began to weep. I'm on a mission because I want to help others Come unto Christ through faith in Him and His Atonement, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As I was singing to myself, I was touched so deeply by the meaning of that; the weight of that. I have the beautiful opportunity to do God's very work. To show people how they can have a fresh start. To show them how they can be free of guilt, shame, and other pains that we all have at times but never want to feel. To show them how they can improve every single day of their lives and become the people God wants them to be. And it's all through Jesus Christ. And you know what? I could not do this on my own! I need Christ in order to be a missionary, and I am forever grateful for Him and His Atonement. 

I love you all. Until next week!

-------------------------------------------------
At the Taipei Zoo last week...
Gorilla and me...

On Exchanges in Beitou with our AWESOME Sister Training Leaders, Sisters Calderwood and Kwan!
 Learning how to play ping pong the right way... :-)

Comments

Popular Posts