Sanchong District - Week 9 - Merry Christmas!

Yesterday, December 24 was the best day of my mission so far. It started out with... sacrament meeting where we had five investigators in attendance! Then we had a ward activity where we all ate Costco pizza (I never thought I'd eat pizza again for the length of my Taiwan adventure). We lastly folded hearts and apples out of paper and wrote down what gifts we want to give Jesus Christ for Christmas.

In the afternoon, we taught two lessons to two different investigators, one of which is getting baptized on January 6. Wang Jie Mei, one of our beautiful and amazing investigators told us that she is ready and willing to keep all of God's commandments. And she is ready to make a covenant with God and enter the waters of baptism at the beginning of next year. I have been so privileged to watch this dear friend of ours develop faith in Christ through reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily, and attending church weekly. She has been doing her best to follow our Savior, and I have been watching it from a front seat.

At night, we had our two missionary choir performances. Let me tell you, our mission is full of so many talented and smart people, and I'm always in awe of the missionaries around me! But despite all the talent and hard work that went into the performance, the thing that really allowed it to touch so many people was the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was so strong in the chapel that Christmas Eve, and the feeling was palpable. We had investigators and members who were so moved, and I felt so lucky to be able to share the Christmas story through music and love.

Last night, I was lying in bed and said a prayer of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to serve in the Taiwan Taipei Mission. As I write this on Christmas day, my heart could burst with joy! I carry the best message in the whole world; the message of Jesus Christ, His life and His Atonement, and the hope He gives us all. 

Merry Christmas my dear friends and family! I love you and I hope you know that Jesus loves you more than you could ever imagine. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------








Comments

Popular Posts