Sanchong District - Week 16 - Conversion

I admit, I think I have become converted to Android phones.

Having been an iPhone person before, when we first got smart phones on the mission, it was a little 困難 (difficult) adjusting to this Android phone.

But I decided I should really give it a chance, you know? Otherwise how could I come to appreciate it? How would I learn to effectively and cleverly use it to achieve my missionary purpose? Once I realized this, once I decided to take the jump and go all in, I started my conversion process. I began to really like this phone.

And it came to pass, I find that I like it better than I liked my iPhone. My friends, I think from here on out, I may always use an Android...

I know the following anology I am about to make is flawed for a few reaons, but I want to say that in order for us to become converted to the Lord like I was converted to Android, we need to be all in. We need to be doing what it takes to gain a testimony, maintain it, and stay true to it. These things include sincerely praying and reading the scriptures daily and coming to church weekly, and keeping the other commandments. It's a formula that will work. I'm seeing it work with our investigators. I'm seeing pure joy from coming to church even when there was no desire at first to come to church. I'm seeing prayer bring feelings of security and assurance. It just takes a decision to go all in, to take that jump, and the Lord will help you fly, :-). But it's TRUE.

As you choose to do these things, you can know of the truthfulness of this gospel by the power of the Holy Ghost. He will testfy of truth to your mind and heart, so listen carefully. Pay attention to your thoughts and feelings, and you can know the Spirit is speaking to you when you feel something distinguishable, something good and light, something that persuades you to believe in Christ (see Moroni 7:16).

I, myself, am more and more recognizing the different ways the power of the Holy Ghost is manifested. Just last Tuesday night we had the opportunity to teach a lesson to one of our most progressing investigators. She is a sweet, soft-spoken woman with a lot of difficulties in her life. I love her dearly and desire her welfare, and we were all a bit downtrodden because it was clear she was struggling. At the end of the lesson, she asked if she could receive a priesthood blessing of comfort and counsel. Miraculously, there were elders already in the church building. When they came to help, and one laid his hands on her head, the Spirit flooded into the room. It was such a strange sensation, like all the noise of the world rushed out. In a moment, quiet filled my heart. I cannot and will not ever deny that feeling, that palpable, immediate shift from trouble to peace. That's a real feeling I could hold in my hands.

I know it's true, and you can know it too. And as you keep doing the things necessary to maintain your testimony, you will become converted to the Lord, solid as a rock. God will then be able to pour upon your head in abundance greater blessings than you can imagine.

Love you all so much! 
-----------------------------------------------
Oh, hi there, cat!
Service night...




So pretty...
Sister Maynard and the biggest sandwich ever...
Sister Training Leaders!!!
You can see the President's building...

Comments

Popular Posts