Hsinchu - Week 53 - Feast Upon the Words of Christ

Some fun stuff that happened this week:
  • One day there were like five people who set up another time with us to learn the restored gospel. Everyone wants the 福音gospel!
  • Most days people just rejected us. Hahaha
  • We taught an awesome English class to our beginner初幾 students about the parts of a story (i.e. plot, setting, characters, inciting incident, climax)...we soon realized that it would have been a more appropriate lesson for the 高級班advanced class hahaha.
  • We brought Coco drinks to district meeting to promote district unity and it totally worked.
  • A young couple, the Li family, treated us to dinner in their home on Saturday night. We are the first set of missionaries they have ever had for a meal at their house! They are also such fire missionaries and are so willing to help us teach lessons. #blessed
  • Our progressing friends are REALLY progressing and they are going to get baptized this coming transfer! 
I and my other Sister missionary friends have taken the invitation extended by President Nelson at last General Conference to read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I am currently reading in Mosiah 1-3 and I LOVE this Book. It is true. On Saturday we met with a lady named Sister Su who was skeptical of the Book of Mormon at first because her church only accepts the Bible as scripture. However, when we shared Moroni 10:3-6, she really felt the Spirit. She just knew that the words were true, and she was surprised by the fact that they are awfully similar to the words found in the Bible. That is because the Bible and the Book of Mormon are complementary books of scripture. As far as the Bible is translated correctly, both the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the Word of God, and both are true.

We also shared with her that as we have been feasting upon the words of Christ daily in the Book of Mormon, we have been highlighting every reference to Jesus Christ. It turns out that practically every single page in the Book of Mormon has at least one mention of Jesus Christ, usually several.

I echo the words of Nephi when he says, in 2 Nephi 32:

6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

This is my theme lately tbh. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who has paid the price for my sins, died for me, and was resurrected so that I may live again. All I need to do is follow Him through living His gospel, and I will have peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come (see Introduction to the Book of Mormon, paragraph 3). These blessings are available to ALL through faith in Jesus Christ, repentance through His Atonement, baptism by proper priesthood authority, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end!

How lucky am I that my full-time purpose is to talk of Christ, rejoice in Christ, and preach of Christ every day 24-7! We do this so that all may know the truth that sets men free!

Love you all, see ya next week after transfers!
------------------------------------------------------



Comments

Popular Posts