MTC Week 5 - September

Another week flies by. It was better than last week and I'm beginning to love our new teacher, truly. All it took was prayers, patience, and obedience. Saturday, September 16 was our halfway point of being in the MTC, otherwise known as "Hump Day" (what?!?!)! Our district celebrated together outside the gym with a bunch of food-like substances that were sent in packages from family. I ate way too many goldfish. 

Also, cool thing: my tripanionship--called by our district as the "triplets"--prepared a musical number a few weeks ago to audition for an opportunity to perform. Our trio piece was an arrangement of the familiar primary song "If The Savior Stood Beside Me," and included a flute part played by Sister Westover. I sang, and Sister Zentz accompanied on the piano. On the morning of Thursday, September 7, we auditioned in front of Sister Weidman, the wife of a member of the MTC First Presidency. She invited us to perform the following Tuesday, Sept 12, for the MTC Presidency pre-devotional dinner. The Tuesday Night Devotional speaker was to be present at that dinner with his family. We were also invited to perform for the flood of new missionaries that would be entering the MTC on Wednesday, Sept 13. We were so excited and honored to have been selected to share our musical number (twice, even!) that we'd worked so hard on! It wasn't until the Presidency dinner on Tuesday, however, that we realized how special of an experience we were able to have.

When we entered the dining room and introduced ourselves and our piece, we saw the speaker, Elder Kearan of the Presidency of the Seventy, and his family sitting at the table. What a pleasure it was to be in the presence of this kind, faithful Seventy Presidency member who, to top it all off, speaks with a British accent! (If you know me you know that I love me some British accents). ANYWAY, after we played, Elder Kearon said this to Sister Westover, who is going to the England Manchester Mission speaking Mandarin: "I know your mission President," he said with a smile. "Now, I'm a convert to the church. Your mission President happens to be one of the missionaries that taught me the gospel and helped me to be baptized." How cool is that? Later, Sister Weidman told us that she never selects the dinner performer without sincerely praying about it. She then chooses what feels right. I really believe that God is mindful of little details like this. My companion was able to make a sweet connection with the speaker for whom we performed, and that just warms my heart. 

I encourage you this week to remember Heavenly Father and speak with Him. All the time! 2 Nephi 32:9 is one of my new favorite scriptures, and as I've applied it this week, I've seen God's hand in little moments of the day. I hope to get even better at it. I love Jesus Christ. I love our Father in Heaven. I love being a missionary. I love you all. 

Until next week (which, if we're being honest, is going to be here in two shakes of a lamb's tail).
 
Love, Sister Love
 
---------------------------------------
 Bumped into Sam Marler, who played soccer with Aaron Jr for a few years...
 It's like Christmas when receiving a package from home!!!
 Temple day...
 Sister Westover trying on my glasses...
 Selfie Sunday...
 An avocado (and Sister Westover)...
 Celebrating "hump day" at the MTC (one more month to go!)...
 I accidentally got pen on my shirt...
 We love to watch this Mormon message, because it's in Chinese!
 Rainy day...
 The triplets...

Comments

Popular Posts