Sanchong District - Week 6

This week was transfer week—I am staying with Sister Clyde for another 6 weeks of training!

One of the perks about having smartphones is that we have the ability to use a messaging app called Line. It's alllllllll the rage in Taiwan, so we are truly blessed with this opportunity to communicate with members and investigators in such a convenient way! I feel a thrill when I get Line notifications, similar to how I used to react when I received Instagram notifications and Snaps. "Did our investigator respond?! What scripture did she read today? Wow, her faith in Christ is developing!!" Hahaha who would have thought this would be my life?

Also I want to make mention of the fact that my cousins Zac and Christian Love's "Nothing Can Separate Us" has been the soundtrack of my mission so far. That song and a bunch of other EFY songs. The BEST. :-)

This week has just kinda been funny. Chinese is slowly coming. I have made some mistakes in lessons, trust me. For example, I told one person we were teaching that "Yesu Jidu zui xihuan zuo de shiqing shi Ta de Shuzui." Which means, roughly translated, "Jesus Christ's favorite thing He did for us was the Atonement." But I meant to say "zui zhongyao zuo de shiqing" or "most important thing He did for us" hehe oops. I also said that Joseph Smith kneeled down in SHILIN limian (a place in Taiwan) instead of in a SHULIN limian (a grove of trees.) Good times learning another language.

This week after one of our dinners, a guy from Nigeria stopped on his motorcycle and told us he was Catholic. We talked for a bit and then he asked if maybe we could get to know each other a bit. We explained that we are missionaries, not sure exactly where it was going, and said that we are really focused on missionary work right now. Then he asked if maybe after the mission, when I'm all done and we've gotten to know each other a bit, then maybe I could fall in love with him and get married to him. For reals, people! I just told him where we have an English church meeting in Taipei and we invited him to attend. Then we hurried to say goodbye and got outta there! He was really nice, but yeah.

Lastly, I'd like to share the same scripture we shared a couple days ago with one of our investigators, Annie Liu. For some reason, she just can't get herself out of her house. She never has motivation to get up and do stuff. That's why she hasn't been coming to church. We told her that if she prays in absolute faith, God can and WILL give her the strength to come to church. And this is the scripture we shared, Alma 37: 36-37:

36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I invite you to tell the Lord what you're struggling with. Ask Him to help you, and He will! Pray with sincerity and real intent, and you will see that He is in your life, giving you strength to do the things you don't think you can do. I love you all and hope you all have THE BEST week.
------------------------------------------
Doin' some personal study...
 Good morning from my apartment...
 Some Louisa's & Sammy's and this tea-less coffee-less warm drink I love...
 This is one of my #blessed moments...
 When the fam visits Sanchong I'm taking them to this restaurant, haha...

Comments

Popular Posts