Sanchong District - Week 8

I have a funny story for ya today. While on exchanges in Beitou heading to Guandu, my exchange companion, Sister Kwan, and I met a young high school student riding the MRT. While Sister Kwan was continuing conversation with someone else, I started talking to the kid and his friend:

   Me (in Chinese): "Hi! What are your names?" 

   Him (in English): "My friends call me Larry, but you can call me tonight." 

   Bahahaha I kid you not! I had to think fast what I could say. 

   Me: "Okay! Since we're missionaries, we'd love to call and set up a time to share with you an awesome message about Jesus Christ." 

And you know what happened? It turns out that this kid was actually so so so interested. His friend was kind of just chilling on his phone, but Larry was all ears. Upon me asking the question "What if there was a living prophet on the earth today?" He responded with "That would be so cool!" And I basically started giving him the first lesson, the message of the Restoration, on the spot. We do have a living prophet on the earth today, and Jesus Christ is guiding his church throught the prophet. Sister Kwan soon came to my side to add her testimony of these truths, and he was so attentive. At one point his friend got off the MRT, but Larry stayed on to listen! We finally asked if he wanted to meet with the missionaries in his area to learn more, and he said yes! How fun is that? Missionary work has its many surprises and always keeps us on our toes.

Other than that, a good few of our investigators are really progressing and the work is moving! I know that charity is essential for this work. And I'm working on it. I was reading a talk called "The Fourth Missionary" during personal study today, and I came across this scripture in 1 Corinthians 13 about charity. It's not easy to have charity, but it's a gift that can be given to you if you sincerely pray for it.

1 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 - And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 - And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

I love you all. I can't believe Christmas is in a week! I invite you to take this time with your family and loved ones to appreciate the life of Christ, and share His love!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------





Comments

Popular Posts