Sanchong District - Week 12 (Transfers)

Tomorrow at approximately 2:00pm I will have been on the mission for five months. Wait, hold the phone!! I've been out on the mission for five months?!

The best five months of my life.

Transfers happened this past Thursday and Sister Clyde fluttered away on an MRT to be the new STL in Xizhi. Watch out, Xizhi, you're gettin' a good one! I am happy to be in Sanchong for another transfer, and my new companion is named Sister Maynard. She's from Colorado, she likes singing, she's majoring in business at BYU (obviously not right at this moment, but), and the best part is this: her birthday is my birthday! We'll be turning 20 years old on the same day! I'm excited to work with her; she is full of positivity and has lots of ideas to keep the work moving forward.

I hate to admit it, but this week I came to the realization that my brother has been right all along. My navigation skills are horrible. I don't have the luxury of following behind Sister Clyde while we bike around to places anymore! Good thing Sister Maynard is good with maps...otherwise we would have missed some appointments...I know I should have been more diligent before about figuring out the area on my own. BUT, it's never to late to start, right? That's repentance. And don't you worry, I am repenting and learning how to use a map.

During personal study one day this week, I came upon Alma 7 in my daily Book of Mormon reading. I read the chapter twice and I encourage you to do the same. It's kind of like the key to success because it's all about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and lays out how we can exercise the Atonement in our lives. I'd like to share a couple of verses with you.

23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things;being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

Look at all that good counsel! As I was reading it, I realized that's how I want to be! It's impossible to become perfect right away, though; it's a life-long process. We tell our investigators that there is no way to learn our message all at once. It's going to take effort, prayer, study, and time. But as we do those things and be patient with the Lord's timing, we can become who God wants us to become. I invite you this week to ponder this scripture and decide who you want to be. You can be that through Christ's Atonement.


I love you all, and I'm so happy. Just so so happy!!
------------------------------------------------
Wang Jie Mei (i.e. Sister Wang) before her baptism...

 Our amazing A team member, Lian JM...
 Mochi! Mmmm...
 The most amazing cake Wang JM made for us...
Look what I found at a store (called Bountiful Living) near the temple... My cousin Zac was a member of Beyond 5! :-)
 Two of our amazing investigators, Kelly and Ai Qi...
 Goodbye Sister Clyde...

Comments

Popular Posts