Sanchong District - Week 20 - A Year of Love Ahead

We have been very blessed this week. Our district of three companionships found 14 total new investigators in a week! We are pumping each other up and setting big goals...those things really make a difference. Also, while on exchanges in Beitou with our Sister Training Leaders, Sister Kwan and Sister Kim, I had the opportunity to teach four lessons to potential investigators. One lesson of which happened with a lady we met at the MRT station and taught on the spot. Another of the lessons was with this cool girl who actually has a friend in my area she wants us to meet later! The last lesson was with a mom and two of her kids. All in all, I saw Beitou get six new investigators in two days. Another insane miracle!

Sister Maynard and I were also very lucky to celebrate our 20th birthday together yesterday. What missionaries get to say that they shared their one mission birthday with their companion? And wow, we graduated from the years of being a teenager. What the. It wasn't too sudden, though. I accepted it a couple weeks ago when I started telling people "I'm about to turn twenty," instead of "I'm nineteen." For the remainder of my being 20 years old, I will be thrusting in the sickle like crazyyyyy, inviting people to come unto Christ!

Lastly, we have an investigator named Sister Lin that I have been teaching since the beginning of November (aka when I first got on the island). Her preparing for baptism has been a long ride that she's still riding, but from the beginning of our meetings to now, she has changed so much. She went from not believing in miracles to developing a relationship she cherishes with God. She counts church as one of the happiest parts of her life. And she was inspired yesterday by a talk we read in Relief Society by Bonnie L. Oscarson, General Young Women's President of this church.

"What good does it do to save the world if we neglect the needs of those closest to us and those whom we love the most? How much value is there in fixing the world if the people around us are falling apart and we don’t notice? Heavenly Father may have placed those who need us closest to us, knowing that we are best suited to meet their needs."

After we discussed this quote and people shared their ideas and thoughts, Sister Lin turned to me and said: "I have never ever told my mom I love her before. Expressing those types of feelings has never been easy for me. But I really felt like I should tell her I love her, so I sent her text just now."

That is the essence of the gospel. Family. Love and service. Choosing to love, choosing to express it, and turning to Christ to increase your capacity to do so. No person or family is perfect, but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can gain the strength to better serve and love our families and others.

I invite you to take notice of a person who needs your love today, and express your love to them! I love you all and I'll ttyl!
On exchanges with Sister Kwan...

 Nobody showed up to our scripture lesson... :-(
 Happy b-day Sisters Love and Maynard!

Comments

Popular Posts