Hualien - Week 40 - Finding Solace and Spiritual Strength from the Scriptures

A couple weeks ago while in interviews with President Peterson, he referred to mine and Sister Lee's companionship as the LoveLee companionship. I was honestly really confused and didn't get the play on words until later that day when Sister Lee had to explain it to me. Now I think it's hilarious but feel bad that President only got a half-hearted laugh from me during my interview. Lol.

We participated in a Family Home Evening last Monday night with a member family. After we shared the "Prince of Peace" video with them, we asked the mom, Sister Dong, to share with us how the Savior has brought peace to her life. She gave a simple answer: "Reading the scriptures and praying brings a feeling of peace." And it's so true! I know I can totally relate.

Throughout this week I came across some scriptures that stood out to me while preparing for English class spiritual shares and studying in personal study, and I'd love to share them with you. 

3 Nephi 17:  This is a beautiful chapter that teaches us about the nature and character of Jesus Christ. He ministered to the one--each sick and afflicted person did he heal, one by one. Each child did he bless, one by one. He prayed to His Father in Heaven for these people. And He did all this according to their faith in Him. He won't heal us against our will, but he will invite us to come unto Him (v. 6-10)!
Psalm 46: 1: As I was studying about prayer in the Gospel Topics section of the Gospel Library app, I came across this scripture about God. We can trust that as soon as we say "Our dear Heavenly Father," He is right there, almost like at the other end of the phone line, listening to our every breath. He wants to hear what we have to share with Him, and He is eager to answer our prayers in His own timing. In the section I was reading on the app, there was an awesome quote that said: "Heavenly Father is pleased when we get on our knees and ask for help and then get on our feet and go to work." 
Galatians 5 Heading: Here lies a simple phrase that outlines the key to joy and happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come: the Apostle Paul teaches "Seek faith, love, Christ, and the Spirit." Lovely! I want to set goals and make plans for how I will better apply this scripture in to my life, therefore applying the gospel of Jesus Christ more in my life.

As I have been reading the scriptures and then continually trying to make my prayers more meaningful as a result of what I've learned from the scriptures, I have found comfort during struggles. Peace in confusion. Motivation from knowing that God is at the helm of this work and is ready to help me if I but ask with a sincere heart and real intent. I know these truths are true for you too! Believe in God, believe that He is (Mosiah 4: 9). 

Love you guys, I hope you have the best week eva!
---------------------------------------------------

 Ran into a motorcycle while riding my bike and got burned, which then turned into this blister...


Comments

Popular Posts