Hualien - Week 45 - This will be a short(er) one, folks

I honestly don't know what happened to this week. I blink and it's Monday again. This week was good, we went around and tried to find people who haven't been to church in a long time. We do this in hopes of bringing souls back to church and finding souls who haven't been to church yet along the way. We only have the members' addresses, home numbers, and names. It still often feels like we are detectives trying to solve a crime or find a long lost family member or something. Also we really need to 加油 in finding new friends to teach lately...we have been struggling in that department.

But I am grateful every day to be a missionary. I am grateful that Sister Lee and I can teach some beautiful people that God has placed in our path. I am grateful that our members are so willing to work with us to do the Lord's work. I am grateful that the weather is getting so nice! When it rains people tell us we need to go inside. But holy crow it honestly feels so cool and refreshing against the contrast of the sweltering heat that made us tired and nod off in language study.

I remember being deeply impressed in personal study a couple days ago when I read D&C 16:6. I read it a tiny bit differently in my head than how it is written:

"The thing which will be of the most worth unto me will be to declare repentance unto the people of Taiwan, that I may bring souls unto Christ, that I may rest with them in the kingdom of God."

It's sometimes a battle to fling aside the things that mattered to me at home and focus solely on this work during the short time I have. But I know that when it all comes down to it, the most important thing for me right now is to do my best to fulfill my purpose as a missionary! I don't get to do this like this ever again.

To be able to share about Jesus Christ every day so freely everywhere we go is a dream come true. I'm just imagining the eternal friendships we will have with these people we have met! For example, our friend Sister Zhang is a grandma who was baptized last month. She came to six hours of church yesterday because she loves church. She is preparing to enter the temple to do baptisms for the dead! She wants us to come to her house every day to "worship" with her. Haha. (We only ride over there once a week to teach her the new member lessons.) She always tells us that she remembers when we are going home but she wants us to come back to visit her with our families and with our future "other half." And her faith in the Savior is unmatched, I am so inspired by her. And I am so humbled and grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing her to become a part of mine and my companions' lives!

This work is the best and the hardest and the most rewarding. And I love Jesus so much.

Love you all, see you in another blink of an eye.
----------------------------------------------------------------





Comments

Popular Posts