Hsinchu - Week 50 - Two-hour Church?

We don't get to watch General Conference until next week in Taiwan, BUT we found out the scoop about how church is going to be two hours starting next year. Crazy. 

Fun stuff that happened this last week:

• Zone Council, which turned out really well! And we were so happy our plans--which we carefully made with the zone leaders on the long bus home from MLC and through sending many a voice message on Line--came to fruition. We had asked a companionship of elders to do a training on "urgency" and they prepared an obstacle course. They taught us to give ourselves to the race. This is the most important race, the race to help bring souls to Christ. We practiced principles from Ch. 11 of Preach My Gospel and power lessons, and we made a zone goal. Our zone is full of some awesome, dedicated missionaries that inspire me so much!
• Exchanges with the Miaoli苗栗 sisters! I got to be in a trio with the cute Sisters Zhang and Oh!
• Lessons canceled, tons of time to street contact where we got 不用'd time and time again. (To be 不用'd means to be rejected; some people do everything they can go avoid having a conversation with us, some are friendly but say no in the end, some just ask a bunch of questions about our lives as missionaries but have not interest in the gospel, others just give us the hand). Among the many 不用ers, however, there was a small handful who set up to learn more. For example, a single dad and his two sons will be coming to our chapel tomorrow for a tour!
• Interviews with President Peterson and the chance to 傳教 with Sister Peterson and teach a lesson to our dear friend Kate. Kate feels like she isn't good enough or doesn't know enough to get baptized yet...but she's like, one of the most prepared people I have met. Sister Peterson shared a personal experience, bore testimony, and held Kate's hand and told her that she really believes she is ready to be baptized! Kate's date is in November and we know she can make it!
• Found a lot of new cool friends, three of which are a dad and two kids who came to English class, one of which is a girl who works at a 7 that we started talking to and was touched by the message of Jesus Christ. (It is my dream to be able to help a 7 worker get baptized because we just see so many of them hahaha.)
Lol, now that I mostly write emails using my phone, it is so much easier to type up Chinese characters which is the reason for the sudden increase in my use of characters. Sorry bout that.

As I was studying in personal study this week about prayer, I can across the scripture in Alma 34:38 that says "live in thanksgiving daily." I find that as I do this, even when some days are exhausting and I feel so sick of talking to people, I can laugh and find joy every day. We are not 辛苦,we are 幸福! I love what the scriptures teach me, they are straight wisdom from God. I invite you to study them daily!

I love you all to America and back.
----------------------------------------------




Comments

Popular Posts