Hsinchu - Week 64 - The Church is True

Last week we sent out a sign up sheet to our ward members and asked them to write their name and a time they want us to visit for 30 minutes and do some Come Follow Me study with them. For those of you who don't know, Come Follow Me is the new curriculum that members of the church are studying as individuals, in families, and at church in order to help us come closer to the Savior and deepen our personal conversion to Him. This year is focused on the New Testament. As missionaries we don't really use Come Follow Me in our personal or companionship studies, so we thought of a way that we could be involved and strengthen the members at the same time. Luckily, we got the signup sheet back and it was filled with names of member families! So fun. We have loved spending 20-30 minutes at a time in members' homes, all being uplifted by participating in gospel conversations and reading about Jesus Christ!

What else is going on over here? Saturday morning we woke up before the crack of dawn and got on a bus to the Taipei temple. We were able to be with our friend Rachel as she did baptisms for the dead for her first time! I recognized the Spirit in the real peace, quiet, and good, joyful feelings of the temple. And Rachel LOVED it! She is doing so great, she has even asked us if she can help us teach our friends! And she wants us to start teaching one of her neighbors.

We found six new friends last week and so we had a lot of opportunities to share the message of the Restoration. I love sharing that message and I know it is true. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ that day in 1820 in the Sacred Grove. I know that Joseph Smith by the power of God restored the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is being led by Jesus Christ through a living prophet, President Russell M. Nelson. What a blessing! God has given us a powerful evidence that this is all true, and that evidence is the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for the peace and blessings the Book of Mormon has brought to my life, and I want everyone to have those same blessings!! I urge you to read that book; it's more precious than rubies! I have seen many people change for the better as a result of applying the teachings of the Book of Mormon into their lives. I have seen myself change, too.

Sister Phillips and I are looking forward to making the most of our last 10 days before the transfer ends. God's hand is in this work. As we rely on Him, we can accomplish the work He has for us to do here together.

I love you all and I hope you have the best week ever!


----------------------------------------













Comments

Popular Posts