Hsinchu - Week 56 - I Am Grateful for The Book of Mormon


Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just a few of the many things I am grateful for:

  • my mom and dad
  • Aaron, Gabby, Nathanael
  • all my family members
  • my friends
  • the fact that God sent me to serve a mission in the best place EVA, the Taiwan Taipei Mission
  • all the people I have met since I came on a mission: my companions, leaders, other missionaries, members, and friends
  • the chance to learn Chinese, a gateway to being able to communicate with these people I love so much
  • 包子steamed stuffed buns hahahaha. (How would you all feel if Sister Phillips and I opened up our own business next summer in a farmer's market? We are thinking about making and selling 包子 and 冬瓜茶wintermelon tea and calling it TAIWAN IN A SHACK. Then we're gonna save all our earnings and come back to visit our Taiwan fam.)
  • The Book of Mormon 
  • Jesus Christ

I also want to leave with you my testimony of the Book of Mormon. Our friend Qian Rong gave up her cup-a-day coffee habit in the space of 24 hours so she could be prepared to pass her baptismal interview yesterday, which she was eager to complete. I can imagine that is not easy! She didn't have the kick of caffeine to get her through her work day, but she had prayer, her testimony of Christ and his restored gospel, and the scriptures on her phone. Because she has come to know the Book of Mormon is true, she is willing to repent and change, to bring her life more in line with God's will and commandments. What an inspiration to us all. She passed her interview and will be baptized this week!

In interviews with President Peterson a few days ago, he asked me about my testimony of the Book of Mormon. Do I know it's true? I told him that before my mission, I thought I knew it was true. But now...I KNOW, I know, it is true. I have been drinking in the pages of Alma 11-23 the past few days and I am edified and enlightened each time I read. I find peace and power in the teachings of Jesus Christ, in the honest stories of the prophets and people. I see other peoples' lives have been changed by this book. President told me: remember that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and keep living by its precepts. Times will only get harder. People will always have problems with the church and the prophet, but nothing will shake me if I hold fast to my testimony that the Book of Mormon is true. If it's true, the whole Shebang is true. Joseph Smith is a prophet. President Russell M. Nelson is the prophet today. God loves us and has a perfect plan for us, which plan is Jesus Christ.

I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and try the experiment as found in Moroni 10:3-5. Ask God, with sincere heart and real intent if the Book of Mormon is true and prepare to act on the answer you receive. God will bless you with increased purpose, direction, hope, and peace. Real peace, the kind you are yearning for.

I love you all so much.

Comments

Popular Posts