Hsinchu - Week 59 - This is a time for joy

Hi friends and fam! The Christmas spirit is being felt here, even in Taiwan! We saw our friend Qian Rong putting up some cute decorations in her 7-11 a few days ago. As I write this now, I am listening to some quality David Archuleta Christmas music and it's the best!

A couple months ago Sister Phillips and I met an awesome guy named Kevin who actually lives in California but was visiting his parents in Taiwan for a spell. He has a wife and a son who stayed in America. We shared the message of the Restoration with him upon first meeting him and he set up to meet again inside our church. From there we taught him a couple more times and then he returned to California. He told us we could give his number and address to the missionaries in his neighborhood, so we did. And just a few of days ago, the Chinese-speaking sister missionaries contacted and met with him for the first time! We still keep in contact with Kevin over Line, so he has been filling us in on his experience. He is still learning the gospel. It just so happens that one of the sisters there, Sister Lock, was in the MTC at the same time as me! She was my friend from my zone, having arrived 6 weeks after I did! We are hoping and praying that Kevin will continue to prepare for baptism.

Also, Saturday was a fun day. We were in Taipei from morning until late at night and we didn't get home until 11:15pm. Why, you ask? In the morning we traveled to Taipei to take Sister Lin and Sister Liu, two of our friends who were recently baptized, to the temple for their first time. Sister Liu participated in baptisms for the dead and confirmations and Sister Lin did confirmations! It was a blessing to see them enter the temple for the first time. And a highlight includes that I was able to run into some beloved members from Sanchong and Hualian! Reuniting with them briefly filled me with a warmth of gratitude and love. How blessed I am to be able to create cherished friendships with many of God's children in Taiwan.

After the temple, we and a ton of other missionaries were bused to Shilin士林 to perform! It was also my last time seeing my girl Sister Maynard before she ends her mission. I love Sister Maynard so much. She and I had a special two transfers together that I will never forget and I feel so blessed that God put us together in Sanchong and that we had those months of struggle, learning, laughter, and joy. But anyway, like last year, we have prepared a choir concert full of voices and instruments and cheer in order to bear testimony of Jesus Christ through music. We joined with the North stake to put on a happy Christmas show and performed two different times. I can't help but smile soooooo big when I sing the words:

"Peace, peace, peace on earth
and good will to all.
This is a time for love,
this is a time for joy.
Now let us all sing together
of peace, peace, peace on earth."

This IS a time for love and joy. But EVERY time is a time for love and joy because Jesus is the Christ! He is our Savior and our Redeemer. He is everything, and our Father in Heaven sent Him to us! He loves us one and all! I love Him and I feel so blessed that it's practically my full time job to sing praises to His name each day. He is the Way to peace!

Philippians 4
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I hope you all have an amazing week and I encourage you to keep reading the Book of Mormon and serving your neighbor. Love youuuu alllll.

Comments

Popular Posts