Hsinchu - Week 61 - Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone! We have had some fun stuff going on here in the Taiwan Taipei mission! Christmas concert, zone conference with a talent show, baking cookies to give to members, ward performances, knocking on doors with the hope of being let in to share a Christmas message. I love being able to ask people "do you know why we celebrate Christmas?" The reason we celebrate Christmas can be found in the first syllable of 'Christmas.'

I love to think how Christ is so great that He is Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Light of the World, the Lord of Hosts. And yet, He is so humble that He is called the Lamb of God. It's because He is so great, the only perfect person ever to walk the earth, but He gave everything over to His Father-His will, all the glory. And I love to think how Christ is the Good Shepherd, who laid His life down for His sheep (John 10:11).

When Sister Lee and I were together in Hualian, we sometimes found time to watch the Bible videos. We watched the one about the parable of the lost sheep, and Sister Lee said "I get it now! I used to think that I was one of the 99, but now I realized that I am actually the lost one."

And it made me think: it is so true! Even if I was the only person on the earth, Christ still would have atoned for me. I am a sheep that Christ couldn't bear to lose. He will call after me and as I hearken to His voice, I will find safety in His fold.

Alma 5
38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.

This Christmas I invite you to ponder and study the many names of Christ as written in the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. As you come to understand the role of Jesus Christ and all His names, and the reasons why He is called by those names, He can become more real to you. I testify that He is real. He loves you. He is your Shepherd and He is calling after you until you come to Him.

Merry Christmas! I love you all.
--------------------------------------
Chatting with my family for our twice-a-year video calls....

Comments

Popular Posts