Hsinchu - Week 65 - This is a Work of Love

We think we are on to something with finding through the members: we need to find our member's referrals. For example, when we visited the Liu family in their apartment for FHE last Monday night, we asked them if we could sing for their neighbors. They knocked some doors and we sang for a mom and her daughter. They have potential to learn the gospel! We encouraged and invited Sister Liu to invite her neighbor to meet with us this week. Sister Liu said even though it's scary, she'll do it!

We also found the younger brother of a less active member we felt prompted to visit the other day. He is super welcoming and has a lot of potential to learn the gospel!

The Bananas of Love WORK, my friends! We have been trying to 關心 reach out to a member named Sister Du who hasn't been to the church in a long time. We have probably gone over to her house three or four times when we are in the neighborhood (one of which times we brought bananas hahahaha) and called her or texted her several more, each time trying to help her feel our love. Each time she has ignored us or told us she has no time. But this last week on Thursday night was different. Right before our teaching appointment with her non-member neighbors, we knocked on her door and her daughter answered. Her daughter went to tell her mom that we had come, but she came back and said her mom was sleeping. So we asked if we could just sing a song for the daughter. As we were about to start singing, Sister Du came to the door. She saw us and her firm expression seemed to melt and she let us in. We sang "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" for her and she had tears in her eyes. She then asked us when we could come over again and set up with us for Saturday afternoon. On Saturday we took another member with us and visited. Sister Du shared with us some of the struggles she has been facing for the past few months. She hasn't said a real prayer in a long time. We pulled out 3 Nephi 17: 5-10 and I had tears in my eyes as we read it together.

Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.

We testified of Christ and His healing Atonement. He can heal her and all of us of our afflictions and trials, we just need to come unto Him. Then we shared the sacrament prayers in Moroni 4 and reminded her about the promise God has given his covenant children. If we take upon us the name of Christ, we are promised that we will always have the Holy Spirit to be with us. Sister Du said "I know I need to come back to church. I will come. I just need a little more time."

She is coming back! She is gonna come back.

President Peterson shared his vision for missionary work with each of us while at interviews last week:

Visiting at least 3 members (active or returning) per night for 10 minutes each, helping them feel the Spirit by sharing a 5 minute power lesson with them, then asking them who we can take the Spirit to next. Being FILLED with power and love from God-glowing on the streets, talking with as many people as possible on the way to member's homes, finding the elect. Going to visit more people-people mentioned by the members we visit. Receiving referrals left and right. Going to people from home to home and loving, praying, and blessing. This is a spiritual work. This is a work of LOVE. We are planting seeds and we are watching the church grow in Taiwan!

I told President that I need another year and a half to do this work! But I am happy with the time I do have left, I am so so so so excited to love, serve, work, pray, and bless.

Also. Transfers are this week! Sister Lyman, my friend from when I was in 9th grade is coming fo be my last companion. It's gonna be amazing!!!

I invite you all to choose someone to minister to this week and do it, even if they don't seem grateful at first. Show your love for God by showing your love for His children! I love you all. See you next week.

Comments

Popular Posts